пятница, 1 августа 2014 г.

"13 reasons why" I started to write Poetry...

Автор: Sally на 6:34:00 AM

"A poem begins as a lump in the throat, a sense of wrong, a homesickness, a lovesickness" (or a society sickness) -Robert Frost 
  So today I'm here to reveal what was the turning point, which made me write poetry...Some of you know (I mean my friends) and some of you guess that I started to write poetry. I'm gonna say it right now that I'm not going to publish any poems except one, here or anywhere else, just not yet.
 So it all started one Monday when I had to study physics, (let my physics teacher and all the rest who love physics forgive me) I hate physics, or better say I hate when I have to stupidly study something by heart,  the worst is that no one ever explains why the hell I should know all that stuff and how I can use it....So feeling as stupid and as down as possible I was just scratching something in my notebook when the idea of writing, first visited me and I wrote :   
What if I am a dreamer? 
The one you’ve never known. 
You think I’m not unusual, 
But what if you are wrong?! 
You say I’m not talanted, 
But what if you cant see 
The way I am talanted 
In something you can’t be 
And maybe I am usual, 
And maybe I am wrong, 
But still I am a Dreamer. 

The one you’ve never known                                                                                                                                                             So this was first piece of poetry I have ever written, there was nothing I changed or...I don't know this is how it came out , and then when I finished it and re-read it I liked it very much, too much even maybe, and I decided to write something else, just to try if it was a one time thing or I can really write, so I wrote second one the same evening few minutes after first, and the first person with whom I shared my first poem was my English teacher Oksana, whom I immediately texted it and she liked it very much, and on the next day I had her lesson and she read second one too and she asked why did it happen, like, what inspired me maybe, and for that time I had no answer, so I just explained it was a way not to study Physics, since that she calls my poetry physics, which I explain as physics of ones soul maybe....So after over-thinking I finally remembered that before that Monday evening I read some pieces of poetry on tumblr and it all started from reading a book by Jay Asher " Thirteen reasons why" If you read it you should know that Hannah (a girl from a book) wrote poetry and there is this part :

 "Then without even trying, I memorized the very first poem in that book. And no matter how hard I try, I can’t seem to shake it from my head even today. So here it is, for your appreciation …or amusement" and there was poem, I even made a drawing for it, in case you can't read it, it says :

"If my love were an ocean,
there would be no more land.
If my love were a desert,
you would see only sand.
If my love were a star-
late at night, only light.
And if my love could grow wings,
I'd be soaring in flight. "
So just like Hannah says, this "poem from Monet's" just stuck in my head, and I still think it is one of the best poems I ever read in English, because most of poems I've read have no rhythm, which I'm so desperately searching for, and I think I got pretty good in it...
  To finish this post somehow...I'll tell you that for me poetry became a new way of self expression, before, I was drawing and showing people something through colors, but now I can make them feel the same thing I'm feeling, and make them think about same things, so my new "goal" kind of is to collect those poems and publish them! to be honest it sounds silly a bit "Sally, now as a poet...." I don't know to be honest I just want to give it a try, maybe because I really enjoy doing this....And partly because I feel that there are many things I can talk about. Here are two other poems I like, I have even written them in my diary.


                                                  Love Always,
                                                       Sally.


0 коммент.:

Отправить комментарий

 

Sally's Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Make Money from Zazzle|web hosting